RTA dilemma

Hi everyone! I’m looking for advice and ideas. Here is my current setup:

I have a Dicodes Dani 21700 USB-C and a Fat Rabbit Solo 2 RTA. With the wire shown in the photo, 3mm inner diameter, 5 wraps, coming out to 0.36 ohm, using Bacon Cotton Prime, at 40-45W with Don Cristo Coffee. The flavor is very good with this build. Top airflow is fully closed, bottom airflow is fully open.

The Dani will soon be paired with a Dvarw DL FL.

I’m also looking for recommendations and ideas on how to get the best flavor out of that? What wire + cotton? I’ve been reading up and it seems 24ga or 26ga round wire is the best. But there are many manufacturers. Also, what inner diameter and how many wraps? I usually vape fruit flavors, or Don Cristo, or Ryan USA. Occasionally a dessert flavor.

The mod I’m looking at is the YiHi SXmini MQ Plus 100W 18650 20700 21700 Mod - Silver, which would be for the Fat Rabbit Solo 2. But here comes the “let’s buy everything” feeling; is it unnecessary? :joy:

I also came across the ThunderHead Creations (THC) Blaze Solo 2 RTA 25mm Rebuildable Tank Atomizer 3.5ml 5.5ml - Silver and the Nitrous 22 2025 edition RTA.

Is it worth picking up these 2 additional RTAs alongside the Fat Rabbit Solo 2 and the Dvarw DL FL?

Can they offer anything different from the Dvarw and the Fat Rabbit?

I was thinking of the THC Blaze Solo 2 as a pocketable, on-the-go RTA with the YiHi. In theory, it should never leak. Thanks to @Zolika, my Fat Rabbit Solo 2 doesn’t leak either, because by the 7th or 8th re-wicking, I figured out how to wick it correctly and didn’t give up. So even in 40-degree heat, it didn’t leak using 50/50 juice.

On the RDA side, I have a Reload S Pro, Stalk RDA, and Nitrous 22 RDA. For squonking, I have a Dovpo Dual and a Flipside.

So, I’m waiting for your advice and ideas.

Is there any point in buying those 2 additional RTAs?

Or should I be looking at something else? Because I have to buy something. I haven’t bought anything since January, I need to make up for the lost time. :grinning_face:

4 Likes

Hi!
It’s definitely worth picking up (if you can afford it), at worst if you don’t like it, you can sell it.
Whether it shows something better, that is for YOU to decide when you try it.
But it will certainly be different from the other two.
:saluting_face: :face_in_clouds:

4 Likes

This will either help your situation or make it worse​:grin: for example, I use a clapton even in my Dvarw MTL.

4 Likes

The clapton will be good for a restricted DL (Direct Lung) vape.
:face_in_clouds:

2 Likes

I’ve read in many places that people use the Coilology NI80 Fused Clapton Heating Wire 2*28/36 AWG 2.6ohm for RDL (Restricted Direct Lung). Or plain round wire. I have some of that at home. For round wire, I only have my wife’s 0.32 KAN-A1 28 AWG. Or the Vandy Vape blue-edged spool 30ga x 2 + 38.

3 Likes