How do you roll, how do you wick? 😊

The heat dome v3.6 solves it :grin: I’ll just mark the middle 7 mm section with the coil.

precisely, of course!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Like you’re riding a horse… :ok_hand::wink:

Ohhh, you’re my guy :smiley: I’m currently messing around with an RDTA, any tips or tricks to get that pesky capillary action behaving? :smiley: (I feel like I’m spitting cotton at this point).
Sometimes it works, but it’s getting more frustrating than a fun learning phase.
It’s about the Ambition Mods Ripley; the liquid is climbing up the two metal cables, although I might be better off rolling up mesh sheets instead :smiley: .
Currently, here’s what I’ve been trying:
Before wicking, I dripped a little liquid into the two metal cables, then filled the tank and wicked it. At least, that’s what the YouTube tutorial said :smiley: .

4 Likes

Hi!
I’d like to give the mesh solution a try.
What is the diameter of the tube? Could a wire rope (sodrony) work in it as well?!
It’s in a Slavic language, but you can see the “technique”.

4 Likes

I assume you put the tube in with the cut side facing down?!
:saluting_face: :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth: :face_with_peeking_eye:
edit: I have one of these, the mesh works well with it.

5 Likes

I switched to mesh and it brings up the liquid, but now I’m struggling to get any vapor. I take a draw, there’s flavor and almost no vapor, but no burnt taste either, so I’m trying to figure out what the problem is. I have two guesses: either there’s too little cotton and there’s just enough liquid in it so it doesn’t burn, though who knows. Or the problem is that I forgot to burn in the mesh strip. :smiley: If I take a long draw, almost until the cutoff, it produces some vapor.

4 Likes

Yes, it was cut in half downwards.

3 Likes

I might just order one of these to experiment with :roll_eyes: by accident … it ends up in my cart

5 Likes

I think a great photo of your wicking would go a long way in helping with the process.
Is there anyone here who owns this RTA who might be able to help out?
It could be that the wattage is too low, the e-liquid is too thick, etc.
The build configuration could also be interesting, from all sorts of perspectives.
:saluting_face: :face_in_clouds: :thinking:

7 Likes

To avoid leaking issues, replace the RDTA with an RDA+squonk setup. :fire:

Negan Smith: Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!

7 Likes

The first thing I’ll do when I get home :smiley:.

Cotton Cloud went in, needs to be sufficiently loose. The atomizer is a Legend 5 or a Legend 3, whichever I have on hand, with Nichrome 80 wire wrapped on a 2.5mm inner diameter, but the picture will tell you everything.

5 Likes

That will also happen eventually, I want to get a bit of everything, nice and slowly.

6 Likes

I might even have a “maybe” (squonker mod) for sale.
:grin: :face_in_clouds:

5 Likes

5 Likes

It seems the problem is resolved; I replaced the spaced coil with a micro coil, so the device is working a bit better now.

6 Likes


11 Likes

Puzzle for 18+ year olds :roll_eyes::grin: they could use it

8 Likes

Make sure you show the Nobel Prize too, girl!
:rofl:

3 Likes

Darwin Postgradstudent Walking Down Stairs

They gave me that Darwin…:roll_eyes::hugs:

1 Like